Every style of Levi jeans for men has its own history to explain how it came into existence and who loves them the most. From the well known classic, the Levis 501, to some of the newer styles, every one of these numbers has been added to the line for a reason. Get to know where your favorite option came from and discover some new styles that you might like to add to your own wardrobe.
The following are some of the most popular styles of Levi jeans for men and the stories behind them.
- 501: The very first of the jeans, this model has been around for 140 years. This original blue jean comes with a signature button fly and has never gone out of style. This is because it is distinctive and highly adaptable. The classic cut can suit virtually any look the wearer wants.
- 505: This is the regular fit jean that was developed to be both stylish and comfortable at the same time. It fits with a straight leg and features a zip fly and is available in a range of different colors and washes.
- 514: The Levis 514 are the modern go-to jean for many men. They are styled with a straight leg, but with a lower rise. To make sure that it looks great, hangs right, and stays comfortable, it provides a bit of extra leg room in its wide variety of different color options.
- 517: The boot cut jean is perfect for any cowboy or a man who needs his jeans to fit over stiff leather boots. This style was developed in 1969 and while its waist-sitting slim fit with a boot cut leg isn’t just for rough riders anymore, it is still a great look that is as durable and comfortable as ever.
- 527: The slim boot cut Levi jeans for men is a more modern take on the traditional boot cut style of the 517. These are still designed to fit over cowboy boots, but in a cut that has a slimmer thigh fit and a lower rise.
Of course, there are many more styles of Levi jeans for men, each with their own cuts, features, and histories. From 550 relaxed fit to 569 loose straight, the new 569 Carpenter, and so on, there is always something perfect for you to wear that will look great, last a long time, and feel comfortable.